The Daily Juice
By Julia Bickerstaff - Friday, August 10, 2012
Albert Einstein said that if he had 60 minutes to solve a problem, he would spend 55 minutes figuring what question to ask.
Hmm, finding the right questions to ask is tricky. So here are three goodies that I have collected over the years. They all focus on your business and let’s just say they have magical properties.
Try answering the questions (spend about 10 minutes on each) and then flip down to see how to interpret your responses. No peeking!
1. The Money Fairy appears and gives your business $5000. You have to spend it today. What would you spend it on?
2. The Knowledge Fairy appears and gives you one piece of knowledge. What piece of knowledge would be most useful to you right now?
3. The Extra-Pair of Hands Fairy appears and gives you an extra 30 hours of your time. You can’t bank it - so you have to use your twin’s time this week, and in your business. What would you do with it?
Have you answered the questions?
Ok here goes....
1. The Money Fairy. This question is a very good way of clearing your mind of clutter and helping you focus on the part of the business that needs most investment (time or money) right now.
2. The Knowledge Fairy. This question gets us thinking about the knowledge we actually need. We are often rather reactive with knowledge, scooping up whatever’s offered (via events, blogs, twitter etc) rather than searching out the knowledge we need.
3. The Extra Pair of Hands Fairy. This question helps us articulate and prioritise all the work we have to do. Plus if you have things on your to-do list that you wouldn’t even bother giving your twin, you’re safe to strike them off!
So, on the basis of your answers:
1. What are you going to spend your next dollar on?
2. What piece of knowledge are you going to seek out?
3. Where are the three extra tasks that you are going to get done this week?
Now let me just wave my magic wand......
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Is it ever ok to work for free?
- Write yourself a YEAH! list
- Very fabulous old-fashioned to do list
- A much better way to work
- Useful stuff to know when selling wholesale and setting your wholesale price
- Two more super easy productivity tips
- Lots of stuff on pricing
- Nine steps to get you out of your day job and into your business
- Timeboxing. What it is and why it makes you super-efficient
- Seven things to do when you're tired, overwhelmed and fed up with you business
look after your business cash efficiency looking after you time profit business effectiveness book productivity recipe