The essence of the interview is this:
- When you start out in business most people you fly under the radar - few people will know you and you'll probably have few competitors.
- As your business grows and looks successful (even if you are not making much money!) other people will want a slice of the action.
- Competitors will start emulating (or even directly copying) you .
- Don't panic!
- In the face of competition remember why you started in business and what you are really good at
- And this is the tip - don't stop doing the good stuff that you do (that's the mistake I talk about in the interview and article). Rather build on your core and stay focussed.
- Easier said than done, I know. But big businesses have made that mistake and suffered. The story's here